Best Battery Operated Toothbrush
Every tooth is more precious than a diamond. What’s more important than brushing teeth is choosing the right toothbrush.
Battery toothbrushes were designed to remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush. All this is performed while simulating the gums. These toothbrushes provide deep cleaning of teeth, polish stains away, and keep the bacteria at bay.
A study found that people were more focused when brushing their teeth with electric or battery toothbrush. A study also stated that electric toothbrushes were more helpful to people with braces or other orthodontic appliances.
Our Top Electric Toothbrush Recommendations
What are the key advantages of a battery toothbrush?
Battery toothbrushes are of two types- Battery driven and electricity-driven (Rechargeable/Power-driven). According to a survey, about 41% of Americans use battery/power-driven toothbrushes.
Traditional toothbrushes require manpower, had short life spans, and couldn’t reach every corner of your mouth due to limited motion.
Whereas, battery toothbrushes have bristles that vibrate and rotate, have superior speed, use timers, and hence reach every corner of your mouth to remove any plaque or tiniest of germs. Hence, they provide 3-D cleaning.
Additional features in battery-operated toothbrushes:
- Built-in battery
- On/Off or +/- buttons
- Bristles that pulsate with vibrations.
- Numerous brushing modes
- Pressure sensors
- Digital reminders
- Replaceable brush heads
Battery toothbrushes are also helpful for people with limited mobility, such as people with Arthritis. These types of toothbrushes make brushing easier and provide cleaner gums. These toothbrushes produce less waste than a manual one.
An added benefit of using battery/power-operated toothbrushes is that you do not need to brush too hard. A study found that people were likely to brush too hard while using a manual toothbrush, leading to bleeding gums and teeth.
Small kids or young children are more enthusiastic about brushing with a battery toothbrush. They are appealing, easy to use, provide comfort, and operate at higher speeds.
What are the different features to look for?
With the advancement in technology, these toothbrushes have also grown. These days they come with a built-in Bluetooth technology that pairs up your toothbrush with your smartphone. This way, it sends information about your brushing style and provides real-time feedback on your brushing habits.
Additional features to look out for are-
- Timers – These brushes come with a built-in timer. These timers tell you how long you have been brushing each quadrant of your mouth.
- Quad Pacers – This provides an all-round cleaning of the teeth in all the four corners- top, bottom, left, and right.
- Cleaning Modes – These brushes come with different brushing modes, sensitivity, cleaning, and whitening modes. Sonic and ultrasonic are two such modes.
- Tongue Fresheners – An attached tongue cleaner to the back of the toothbrush cleans the tongue and removes bad breath.
- Portability – Few brushes come with storage cases for carrying them while traveling.
- Pressure Sensors – These inform if you are brushing too hard, thereby preventing gum bleeding.
- Rechargeability – Power-driven toothbrushes can be recharged, unlike, battery-operated ones.
- Cost – These might be more expensive than a manual toothbrush, but surely, its worth spending and value of money.
Battery toothbrushes are the future of dental hygiene. They are less popular than they should have been. They make brushing easier and more comfortable. Moreover, these toothbrushes are able to provide a much better experience. You will also be able to maintain your oral hygiene in a much better and complete way.
One must surely ignore the cost of such products and focus on the excellent services it provides to the user. Keeping the above mentioned pointers in mind, choose the best battery toothbrush for your needs.